Default Max. CPC
What is Default Max. CPC?
Default Max. CPC – Set at the ad group level, this represents the maximum amount you’re willing to pay for each ad click. If you don’t set a specific keyword bid, AdWords will apply your default max. CPC bid.
A bid that you set to determine the highest amount that you’re willing to pay for a click on your ad.
- If someone clicks your ad, that click won’t cost you more than the maximum cost-per-click bid (or “max. CPC”) that you set. For example, if you set a $2 max. CPC bid, you’ll never pay more than $2 for each click on your ad. The actual amount that you pay is called the actual CPC and is shown in your account’s “Avg. CPC” column.
- A higher bid generally helps your ad show in a higher ad position on the page.
- You’ll choose between manual bidding (you choose your bid amounts) and automatic bidding (you set a target average daily budget and the Google Ads system automatically adjusts your max. CPC bids on your behalf, with the goal of getting you the most clicks possible within that budget). With manual bidding, you’ll set one maximum CPC bid for an entire ad group but can also set different bids for individual keywords.
When your Default Max. CPC may be exceeded:
If you use the following features, your actual bid may be higher than the Max. CPC bid you have set:
An ad group is a collection of ads that are all triggered by a shared set of keywords. When you create a new ad group, we’ll prompt you to create an initial ad and its keyword list, and to enter a default ad group bid (Max CPC). This default bid is a convenient way to manage the bids for all of the keywords in your ad group. You can override the default ad group bid for individual keywords by raising or lowering their Max CPC on the Keywords page.
How to set your bid when creating a new ad group
- Sign in to your Google Ads account.
- Click Campaigns in the page menu.
- Click the name of a campaign you’d like to add a new ad group too.
- Click the plus button to create a new ad group.
- Select a campaign, and click Create ad group.
- Enter your ad group name, default bid, and keywords on the page that follows.
- Click Save and continue.
Is your company in need of help? MV3 Marketing Agency has numerous Marketing experts ready to assist you. Contact MV3 Marketing to jump-start your business.