What is a Daily Budget?
Daily Budget (DB) – An amount set for each ad campaign to specify how much, on average, you’d like to spend each day. It is important to know that on any single day you can spend up to twice your daily budget, however, your daily budget will average out by end-of-month.
- You set an average DB for each Google Ad campaign. On the days when your ad is more popular, Google Ads will allow up to twice your average DB so you won’t miss out on those valuable clicks.
- But, don’t worry, over the course of a month, you won’t be charged more than your average DB times the average number of days in a month (30.4). For campaigns that are paused in the middle of the month or that otherwise don’t run for the full month, you may see discrepancies between your average daily budgets and your total charges.
- For campaigns where you pay for conversions, your daily spend may exceed your average DB by more than 2 times.
With Google Ads, you choose a DB for each campaign based on your advertising goals and the average amount you’re comfortable spending each day. You can change your budget at any time.
How to set and change your daily budget.
You can change your DB at any time and as many times as you like. Here’s how to edit your daily campaign budget from the Campaigns page:
- Sign in to your Google Ads account.
- Navigate to Campaigns and click the campaign you’d like to edit.
- At the top right, click the pencil icon.
- Enter a new avg. DB.
- Click Save.