What is Ad Delivery?
Ad Delivery – A setting that determines how quickly you want Google to use your budget each day: either spread throughout the day (standard) or more quickly (accelerated). This setting affects when during the day your ads are likely to show, especially if your campaigns are limited by budget.
Ad delivery is a setting that determines how quickly you want Google to use your budget each day: either spread throughout the day (standard) or more quickly (accelerated). This setting affects when during the day your ads are likely to show.
Ad delivery and your average daily budget
When you create a campaign, you set an average daily budget. This determines how much, on average, you’d like to spend each day for this campaign (it’s possible that you’ll be charged less, or sometimes up to twice as much as your average daily budget amount on a given day).
For most advertisers, the budget is used whenever a potential customer clicks your ad. The more often your ad is clicked, the faster you’ll use up your average daily budget. Your campaign’s ad delivery method determines how fast your budget is used.
Your ad delivery method is relevant if your campaign is limited by budget since it allows you to decide how quickly you want your budget to be spent. If your campaign isn’t limited by budget, the ad delivery method won’t be useful since your budget is high enough to enable your ads to serve throughout the entire day.
Choose “Standard” or “Accelerated” ad delivery
You have two options for ad delivery methods: “Standard” (the default setting for all campaigns, and optimizes your budget by spending it throughout the day) or “Accelerated” (which is not recommended for most advertisers).
“Standard” delivery (default option)
- How it works: Google optimizes your spending to be more reflective of targeted inventory user searches (eg.user searches for your product/service). Your budget is distributed across the entire day to avoid exhausting your budget early. Distribution occurs over the hours your ads are scheduled to show.
- Why use it: Recommended for most advertisers, this delivery method is useful if you want to reach customers evenly throughout the day. If you have a small budget, this method can also help you avoid spending most of your budget in the morning.
- What to expect: Since your ad delivery occurs throughout the day, you might not see your ad appear every time you look for it, particularly if your campaign is limited by budget.
Since 2019, accelerated delivery has been unavailable for use with Search campaigns, Shopping campaigns, or shared budgets. Starting in April 2020, accelerated budget delivery will no longer be available for use with any Google Ads campaign type.
- This setting determines how your average daily budget is allocated throughout the day, which in turn determines how quickly Google will try to show your ads each day.
- For each ad campaign, you choose one of these delivery options for the ads in that campaign:
- Standard delivery (the default option) tries to show your ads throughout the entire day to make sure that you don’t spend your whole budget in the morning and cause your ads to stop showing for the rest of the day.
- Accelerated delivery tries to show your ads more quickly until your budget is reached. With this option, your ads can stop showing early in the day if your budget is spent.
Is your company in need of help? MV3 Marketing Agency has numerous Marketing experts ready to assist you. Contact MV3 Marketing to jump-start your business.
Refer: Google« Back to Glossary Index