What are Price Extensions?
Price Extensions – Feature for PPC search ads that showcase your services or products by linking people directly to what interests them on your site. Price extensions appear below your text ad and can have up to 8 cards of different options and prices.
Price extensions can add more value to your Search Network text ads by giving you a bigger showcase for your services and range of products, and by linking people directly to what interests them on your site.
Price extensions appear below your text ad on desktop and mobile and give you more space to tell people details about what your business offers. They show as a set of up to 8 cards that people can view to see different options and prices. From your price menu, people can go directly to the item that interests them on your site.
They may show on both computers and mobile devices.
Available languages and currencies
Let’s say you own a hair salon. You could add more generic price extensions for “Haircut,” “Hair Coloring,” and “Treatments” to campaigns with more general keywords. Or you could add extensions to more targeted ad groups. Your “Hair Color” ad group might include extensions like: “Partial Color,” “Full Color,” “Full Color + Conditioning,” and “Semi-permanent Gloss.” Extensions let you give people a sense of the breadth or range of what your business offers.
What price extensions do
Here are a few reasons to consider adding them to your ads:
- Surface your offerings. They showcase your business’s offerings in an interactive format the user can scroll through.
- Make shortcuts to conversions. When people click or tap a specific item on your price menu, they go directly to it on your site.
- Increase your impact—with minimal work. You won’t need to make new text ads or edit your old ones.
Why they’re easy, yet powerful
They are easy to use:
- Easily updated. Change your item names and description whenever you want, keeping them up to date for sales and special offers. And good news—you can edit your price extensions without resetting their performance statistics.
- Flexible and customizable. You can add price extensions to an account, campaign, or ad group, depending on which ads you want them to show with. You can also specify the dates, days of the week, or times of day your price extensions are eligible to show.
How billing works
The cost of a click on a price extension equals the cost of a click on the title or display URL of the ad it shows with. Price extension clicks are charged when a person clicks on any of the price extension items. However, clicks on the mobile drop-down to expand the carousel are not charged.
Price extensions give people more opportunities to click, but you won’t be charged for more than two clicks per impression. Plus, if someone quickly clicks on more than one link while viewing an ad, this may get treated as a duplicate or invalid click and you won’t get charged for the second click.
Refer: Google« Back to Glossary Index