Country of destination
What is Country of destination?
Country of destination – Country to whose consumers an advertisement is addressed.
Over the last few years, travellers have discovered the places they were going to visit, book hotels and transportation, plan trips and share their emotions and memories with friends online. The main answer to the question ‘what Country of destination marketing is for?’ – is to stay competitive.
- Show the privileges of your country (region, city, town etc)
- Create and share the story about the destination you promote
- Care about customer experience (CX) – be sure your website is attractive, convenient, and fast-loading.
- Create Google Posts via Google My Business profile about the best sightseeing, magnificent places, or traditional holidays. These will appear in the top search results with images enhancing your overall SEO for free.
However, depending on the purpose and destination, you should use different online tools.
For instance, to promote a country it is better to concentrate on contextual ads, search engine ads and social media (within your targeted region, i.e. the region you would like to target).
To promote a town or a city, pay attention to testimonials services (as most likely, your potential customers would like to check references concerning accommodation facilities, activities, and your location accessibility).
STRATEGIES FOR COUNTRY OF DESTINATION MARKETING
Determine competitive aspects and advantages. You should consider that not a physical place in and of itself attracts a tourist, but what natural, cultural, historical sights they can find there. Tourists also pay special attention to infrastructure.
- Define the goals of your advertising campaigns. Understanding the benefits of your product and destination, you can set realistic goals and clear KPIs.
- Identify and analyse your audience before the campaign launch. Think over the creatives for each segment of users.
- Choose marketing tools that can solve your tasks and help you achieve initial KPIs.
- Develop a media plan according to your KPIs. If you promote the destination for the first time, this can be a difficult task. For this, you need to research the market, connect your expertise in similar projects.
- Develop creatives and textual content in all necessary formats. If we talk about media placement, then creatives can play both a decisive role in achieving your goal and be one of the reasons for advertising campaign failure. You also need to pay attention to the ad textual content. If you target your ad for several countries at once, then translation and adaptation of texts to specific regions may be required.
- Create an ad campaign. Collect semantics and configure the audience.
- Launch an ad campaign. We would highlight, that you need to check all the ad campaign settings before the launch. Especially if there are several countries in your geo settings.
- Monitor and adjust. Advertising campaigns need to be optimised during the performance. We would recommend paying attention to these stages:
- Identification of ineffective audiences, targeting.
- Work with search queries to save budget and attract more targeted traffic.
- A / B testing of creatives. You need to remember that your banners may “burnout”: at a high frequency, do not use the same creatives for more than two weeks. A marketing strategy aimed at strong memorising of one particular video or banner can be an exception.