Do Photos Make a Difference on “Google My Business”?
Everyone’s heard the old adage that a picture is worth a thousand words. In the age of the internet, this hasn’t changed. The photos you integrate into your Google My Business (GMB) profile have particular value.
According to outputs released by Google, GMB businesses that utilize photos to their full advantage receive 42 percent more requests for driving directions and 35 percent more click-throughs than their competitors do. If you’re looking to improve your business’ pull, it’s clear that adding a little imagery can benefit your online reputation.
Let’s dive into the “why” and “how” of GMB photo usage so that you can optimize your profile.
Focus on the Eye-Catching Attractions
Why is it that photos have such a positive impact on a GMB profile?
Images have always held consumer appeal. Not only do photos prove that your business is real and functioning, but they also let a consumer know ahead of time what kind of business experience to expect.
In short, the photos you share of your business, be they of its exterior or your professional team, represent your company. You’ll want to integrate a number of professional-looking photos into your online profiles if you want to sell your reputation as an industry authority.
How Can You Optimize Your Photos?
There’s more to the use of photos, though than the inclusion of a few iPhone shots on your profile. If you’re looking to boost the reputation of your GMB profile, consider the following:
- Fill out your image information: SEO optimization relies upon tags and image information almost as much as it does on keywords. As such, you’ll need to ensure that all the images you include on your GMB profile are appropriately optimized. This means titling your files with relevant keywords and adding descriptions to the ones you post. You also need to geotag your photos. Because Google My Business relies upon your locale, geotagging is one of the best ways to boost your SERP rankings and your credibility.
- Reach out to users: Consumers can provide you with more than reviews of your work. If you place a call for photos out on social media, they can also provide you with candid photos of your business. You’ll need to be picky with the ones you share, of course. That said, user-generated content pulls double-duty for your SERP rankings. It not only helps you engage with your consumers, but it also brings more pictures to your GMB account.
Not All Images Are Created Equal
That said, you’ll need to highlight different types of photos depending upon the type of business you run. Try to keep the following in mind as you’re generating photos for your profile:
- Exterior photos help consumers recognize your business from the side of the road and from multiple angles.
- Interior photos provide consumers with a sense of your business’ atmosphere.
- Product photos highlight your stock.
- Candid work photos let consumers grow more familiar with your team’s behavior and the tone of your daily operations.
- Room showcases, specifically as shared by hotels or other hospitality-adjacent businesses, allow consumers to determine whether they’d be comfortable visiting your establishment.
- Team photos provide consumers with a sense of your business’ community.
Don’t neglect the photos you share on your GMB. If you choose your images carefully, you’ll find that more consumers are drawn to your establishment.
Image attribution: denphumi- stock.adobe.com