What is Bookmarking ?
The act of saving a website address for future reference. This can be done individually on an Internet browser, such as Mozilla Firefox, or through a dedicated social bookmarking site, such as del.icio.us.
Social bookmarking (SB) allows visitors to easily share groups of bookmarks with each other across computers regardless of browser, as well as comment on and rate the stored content. Other social bookmarking sites include Digg, Stumble Upon and Mixx.
- SB is a great traffic-boosting SEO strategy because it’s easy, effective and trendy. There are many techniques on which website keyword ranking depend upon. Like Website structure, website content, website design, on- page optimization etc.
- Quality back links is the one of significant part among all these parts. We can say quality link building is the back bone for website ranking in major search engines.
- The idea behind them is simple: people “bookmark” something that they have seen on the internet to publicly accessible social websites, other people can then see your social bookmark, read what you have bookmarked and then share it again. This creates a much larger level of exposure for the content.
- SB is not black hat SEO but some of the best white hat there is, you are creating and sharing amazing content on the internet that people want to read and share with others!
Some of the ways that social bookmarking helps businesses Grow:
- Building relevant incoming links
- Draws visitors
- Rapid indexing
- Draws new clients or customers
- Helps people find the business
- Quality Back links
- Traffic Generation
- Helps businesses find other businesses
- Personal Branding
- Draws a lot of traffic
Whenever you are thinking about submitting something to a SB site make sure it is good content. Ask yourself the question, “would I enjoy reading this?” If the answer is yes share it but if no then chances are no one else will and if people don’t enjoy it they won’t recommend it.
High PR Social bookmarking sites list:
« Back to Glossary Index