Job Description: Technical SEO
We’re a marketing company with a purpose: we provide Technical SEO and Thought Leadership services for well-managed companies nationwide. Our tech-savvy, remote team represents industry leaders by producing high-level content of genuine value for the public.
The Technical SEO Lead supports the development and health of client websites, and ultimately promotes client retention and growth through the assessment and implementation of on-page SEO improvements. Responsibilities include: (1) development and coordination of technical SEO and blog design projects; (2) oversight of outside web design vendor(s); (3) coordination and monitoring of 2-3 team members; and (4) development of standard operating procedures to increase efficiency and effectiveness of technical SEO projects.
- B.A./B.S. in related field; three to five year’s experience (or equivalent) in technical SEO
- A minimum of three years of responsible project management experience;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; excellent presentation skills
- Ability to speak professionally with marketing staff within client’s company
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Bilingual is helpful
- Manage all web design and web migration projects, including assigning and overseeing work and ensuring appropriate QA measures are in place.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on industry developments and recommend and implement changes to company procedures when appropriate.
- Develop and manage effective practices to evaluate and optimize client sites for speed, mobile friendliness, security, tagging, and other areas that will contribute to SEO results. Evaluate, improve and organize existing technical SOPs. Develop new SOPs as needed.
- Improve processes and teamwork among web development team members, including coordinating tech project responsibilities and schedules to ensure efficient project completion and communication, overseeing hourly technical work for clients, and establishing QA methods and systems to ensure consistent high-quality work that follows SEO best practices and meets internal standards for communication and meeting deadlines.
- Collaborate with department managers to improve efficiency, ensure correct communication with clients regarding on-page SEO best practices, and coordinate with client tech teams regarding client websites.
- Communicate with clients as needed about web development projects
- Review and approve client facing documents related to on-page SEO work or reporting.
- Create training materials and offer guidance to team members as needed.
- Provide oversight and direction to web development staff in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures.
- As needed, complete uploads or blog designs for clients.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Frequently required to sit
- Frequently required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Continually required to talk or hear
- Continually utilize visual acuity to read technical information and/or use a keyboard
We are committed to equal employment opportunity.
We respect, value and welcome diversity in our workforce.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters or suppliers that have not signed a formal fee agreement. Therefore, any resume received from an unapproved supplier will be considered unsolicited, and we will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.