Job Description : DIRECTOR, DATA ANALYTICS
MV3 Marketing is seeking a Director, Data Analytics, working within the marketing function of the business to capture, analyze and report on key performance metrics for the business. The ideal candidate is a creative thinker who constantly thrives to seek a better understand of the customers to drive marketing and business strategy. Core responsibilities will be working within the Data Analytics team developing and maintaining a global capability, working both with external technology vendors and internal teams to ensure deadlines and quality levels are met.
The Role and responsibilities
Reporting to the head of Data Analytics and under their guidance, develop, manage and maintain various data sources to query, verify, process, rationalize and make it available for further research.
Transform and map the data from one raw data form into another format to making it more appropriate and valuable for a variety of downstream purposes such as analytics.
Good experience in activities include discovering, structuring, cleaning, enriching, validating, and publishing
Monitor the health of the data processes, escalate and take corrective actions when exceptions are identified.
Ensure that pre-processing and transformation activities abide by the privacy and compliance requirements and make changes as and when required.
Optimize data pre-processing and transformation activities to ensure efficient use of resources and allow for data processing growth
Be committed to service excellence and added value
- Works closely with senior Marketing Leadership on the design, architecture and functionality of the Marketing CRM
- Utilizing SQL Server, defines, generates and maintains key Marketing performance reports
- Utilizing SQL Server, CRM and other tools, maintain data and provide analytical insights as defined by the business
- Serve as the intermediary with IT Department and outside vendors on ongoing database projects
- Work across Marketing organization to train and support users on database functions, queries and ongoing enhancements
- Helps define universe, method and cadence of IMC’s direct campaigns, including list segmentation and creation as well as deployment and tracking audience behavior
- Manages ongoing database cleansing initiatives, as well as directs efforts to grow and enrich records in the database
- Manages day-to-day activities and mentor’s database marketing manager
- Handles data mining, analytics and reports on trends
Handle all survey design, creation, execution and reporting
Skills, experience and attributes :
Bachelors or higher in an information sciences or engineering field
Experience in software engineering and data wrangling
Adv SQL, Excel, VBA,
Python or R programming
Experience with text analytics and natural language processing
Sentiment analysis , Topic modelling, Theme extraction
Coding and classifying data
Unstructured data handling and Hadoop Concepts
Experience with relational and NoSQL databases and associated tools
Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Redshift, Oracle or other RDBMS
Microsoft PowerBI and other reporting tools
Expertise in Azure, AWS or other cloud based environments
Knowledge of frequently used development methodologies
Creative approach to problem solving & strong analytical skills
An appreciation of privacy concerns and obligations
Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
Desire and commitment to work both as an individual contributor and as a member of a team.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Ability to analyze and assess value and business opportunity in new media platforms.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Energy, initiative and drive, vision, and credibility to partner with the team whose operational excellence is critical to the success of the company
- Actively participates in creating and maintaining a work environment and culture that fosters team spirit with a focus on the achievement of growth and profit objectives
- Demonstrated ability to influence and work closely with team at all levels within the organization
- Sensitivity to the business practices, rules and regulations, effective business tactics, and cultural norms of the environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in dealing with internal staff, business partners, customers, and the local community
- Upbeat and positive attitude, commitment to winning results
- Self-motivation and deadline-driven focus
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism
- Bilingual is helpful
We are committed to equal employment opportunity.
We respect, value and welcome diversity in our workforce.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters or suppliers that have not signed a formal fee agreement. Therefore, any resume received from an unapproved supplier will be considered unsolicited, and we will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.