What is Change History?
Change History – A tool that lists the changes you’ve made to your account during the past two years. See details about changes like bid adjustments, status changes, keyword additions and more. This is particularly helpful because you can filter changes based on a specific date or date range.
It provides a log of changes to items (also referred to as entities) such as campaigns, keywords, ads, and site links. The report shows whether changes were made by account sync, a user, or a system, such as an advertiser management or bid optimization. The report also includes links to the account, campaign, and ad group where the change occurred, enabling you to quickly view performance metrics at the selected scope.
Use the change history to:
- Investigate which actions improved or degraded a campaign’s performance
- See changes which may reveal how a bid strategy is managing its portfolio
- Verify that changes were made
What’s new in the change history
If you used to change history in the past, it now includes more features that enable you to see, filter, and drill into the data that you want:
- Access it from the left navigation panel to see changes at the selected scope and lower. For example, while viewing campaign performance metrics, you notice that the number of clicks dropped from 1000 to 500. To try to figure out what happened, click Change history in the left navigation panel. The report lists all changes to and within the campaign. That is, you can see changes made in the campaign, and its ad groups, keywords, ads, and bid strategy, if applied.
- Filter the report. To only see changes made to campaigns, without changes made to the campaign’s entities, filter the report to the campaign entity.
- Scope the report before or while viewing change history. To scope the report before viewing change history, while viewing performance metrics, click Change history. To scope the report while viewing change history, use the navigation bar near the top of Search Ads 360 to navigate to a different scope.
- Switch to the performance metric report directly. Click the account, campaign, or ad group to switch to the performance metrics for the entity.
- Sitelinks. lists when site links were added to a campaign.