What is Email Automation?
Email Automation – A marketing system that uses software to automatically send emails based on predefined triggers. Multiple automated emails in a sequence are used to create user funnels and segment them, based on behavior. For example, an automation funnel could be set to send “Email A” when a person provides their email address, then either “Email 2a” or “Email 2b” would be sent based on whether or not the person clicked on the first email.
It makes sense, then, that so many companies are vying to get the attention of their current and potential customers through their inboxes making the competition fierce.
As an eCommerce marketer, what are the best practices for you to gain subscribers and have your emails stand out amongst them all?
The answer is email automation.
Email Marketing by The Numbers
- The number of global email users is growing exponentially: Statista reported in 2017 there were 3.7 billion email users worldwide and projected that by 2021, that number will grow to 4.1 billion users.
- Email is the top lead gen tool: 89% of marketers say that email is the leading marketing channel for bringing in leads.
- Shoppers who purchase from emails received spend more: Online shoppers who purchase items from an email spend up to 138 percent more than those who do not receive email promotions.
- Emails can create brand ambassadors: Email on social media than leads who came in from any other channel.
- Email marketing is the highest-rated channel for retaining and acquiring customers: Studies reveal that 81% and 80% of retail professionals indicate email marketing as the highest driver of customer retention and acquisition. It’s a win-win!
Email automation allows you to send out targeted messages at designated times or based on specific actions, to build personalized relationships with past, current and future customers.
It is the most effective way to engage email marketing, because you can use analytics to find the right cadence for your online store, keeping your brand top-of-mind.
Benefits of Email Automation
A lot goes into creating great email campaigns, but you don’t have time to create an individual email for each of your customers.
However, you can’t send a general blast to your entire database either, because when your customers are receiving messages that are irrelevant to them, they will unsubscribe.
Email automation tools can help you craft the perfect message to each of your customer segments and ensure that you’re sending the right emails to the right audience at the right time.
A great thing about email automation is that you can use the data from each of your campaigns to measure their effectiveness and see what works the best for your business.
- Email drip campaigns have an 80% higher open rate and 300% higher click-through-rates.
Drip campaigns help keep your leads engaged by sending automated, scheduled emails during a specific time period.
Marketing and email automation tools allow you to automate your outreach, keep your brand top-of-mind to potential customers that are interested in your product or services, but are not quite ready to buy.
- Personalized emails can lead to a 6X higher purchase rate than a one-size-fits-all approach.
Email automation platforms allow you to customize your segments based on demographic, social and transactional data to help you confidently plan your next marketing move, with a clear understanding of your customers and their purchasing habits.
Email automation can help you grow your subscriber lists.
With so many online retailers and email users worldwide, competing for your customer’s attention is half the battle.
Adding a data-coop, like Springbot Exchange, to your email automation lineup will help you increase your subscriber list with qualified potential buyers, up to 10% in just three months.
Use important metrics to enhance your automated emails.
There are many KPIs for you to measure to ensure your campaigns are performing well.
Email analytics help you find the sweet spot for your email marketing campaigns, so you aren’t blindly sending out messages to your customers and hoping for the best.
Automated emails help you keep your brand consistent.
Since you don’t have to worry about scheduling and segmenting each email to a specific audience, you can spend more quality time crafting the perfect message and keeping your brand consistent across all your customers.