As a digital marketing company, we gather, track and analyze all data possible, right down to a granular level, to give our clients the most accurate measurements possible on their digital ad effectiveness. By using our own proprietary attribution process, we’re able to specifically identify every click, impression, and KPI (key performance indicator) along the customer journey. While most of our digital marketing competitors offer standard attribution tracking, which provides a summarized data report, We offer full attribution tracking–all the way down to conversion–providing our clients with a detailed data report. The difference is in the details. Digital Marketers go the extra mile to garner as many data details as possible in order to optimize programmatic campaign effectiveness and return.
The overall skills and areas of expertise for a digital marketer include:
- Video: It’s hard to catch people’s attention online. Stats show that video increases engagement while ranking higher on Google. You don’t have to become a video producer but instead, focus on the basics of creating a video. Understanding how to write scripts, use the platforms and apps to create videos, and what works in videos will add to your appeal when applying for digital marketing jobs.
- SEO & SEM: Online searches drive digital ads. You must understand search engine optimization (SEO) and search engine marketing (SEM) in order to work in the field. You don’t have to worry about the back-end techy stuff here. It’s more about understanding the importance of SEO and the best practices used in the industry. That is the 101 of any digital marketing campaign or content management initiative. Understanding how SEO and SEM affect your online efforts will allow you to work with the rest of a digital team without looking like you are in the wrong business.
- Content Marketing: Content is what is used to attract and engage customers whether it is a website, video, social media or blogging. It can also entail anything people can access online such as whitepapers, case studies, how-to booklets, and more. Understanding the aspects of content, how it is created, how it is effective, and how best to use it will provide the wealth of information needed for just about any digital marketing role. You will have to understand how best to use content to help a business meet its goals including social media. Depending on what level of work you are seeking within the digital marketing industry you will also have to understand content strategy and analysis.
- Data & Analytics: Google Analytics is central to many facets of digital marketing. You can track reports, but what is more important is how to use the information you find. Monitoring campaigns and applying findings based on consumer behavior will allow you to come up with better solutions that will increase conversions and drive traffic. Gathering and using data is also essential as the data collected by today’s businesses is like a gold mine that must be used in innovative ways to collect and retain new customers.
- Design Thinking: The user experience is the key to successful digital marketing. Design thinking is crucial as it teaches companies how best to engage customers, but beyond that, it ensures that their online experiences are simple and effective. That can include using online shopping sites, accessing information, and other things your company might offer to customers including customized apps.
- Tech Knowledge: Technology is the driving force in the digital world, so you will have to understand what the latest technology is and how it is being used. You must adapt quickly to changes in the industry and know what’s coming so that your digital marketing plans are up to date. Using technology must come easy to you, and you cannot be intimidated by change. No matter where you want to begin (or end up) in your career, some knowledge of web coding and Content Management (CMS) systems are a must.
- Understand Engagement: More than ever before you will need an understanding of how best to engage a customer. You will need great powers of persuasion in order to conceive innovative campaigns that will help grow the business. You must understand what gets today’s consumer to make the commitment and convert to making a purchase.
As Digital Marketers MV3 Teams is read To Help You! Read More Now!