Real Time Health Systems (RTHS)
What is Real Time Health Systems?
Real Time Health Systems (RTHS) – a next-gen care delivery system, wherein, the providers can share, adapt, and apply their medical mastery in real-time. It involves a collection of relevant information from different sources (devices, applications, e-records), which can, therefore, make decision making, fast.
A real-time healthcare system can be called the backbone of Hospitals. This healthcare system can be considered a healthcare delivery smart machine. It employs current and last-minute data to analyze up to up-to-the-minute operational intelligence. This intelligence, which is derived from care activity, can be utilized to optimize the hospital’s most critical clinical, business, and administrative workflows. RHTS is also becoming a valuable contributor to the smart-hospital environment with the advances and adoption of sensor technology and IoT. The data generated within this connected ecosystem is a goldmine of information. With cognitive technologies such as Artificial Intelligence (AI) and advanced and real-time analytics, the RHTS can work in a more autonomous manner to improve the quality of patient care, costs, and patient satisfaction levels.
In a Hospital environment, the focus is on increasing the quantity and quality of enterprise operational intelligence and on ensuring that this intelligence is readily available to the right stakeholders and systems. The environment thus must be seamlessly interconnected, and silos impeding information exchange must be removed.
Given the wide range of data sources in a Hospital, RTHS ensures that the data from all these sources such as patient data, clinical data from EHR, laboratory, pharmacy, etc., clinical operations such as nurses call, IPC, patient monitoring, etc., and data from facilities and other departments such as supply chain, environmental monitoring, IoTH, location, and condition sensing, etc. can be accessed and analyzed. The RTHS makes the smart hospital network tick as it leverages situational awareness, real-time analysis to facilitate intelligent operations.
Benefits of Real-Time Healthcare Systems
In this ecosystem that is heavily data-driven, the management and control of patient information will become the core responsibility of the healthcare provider and the CIO. The Hospital environment is an optimized and patient-centric environment. So how do Real-time Healthcare Systems help its purpose?
- Real-time healthcare systems ensure real-time information and communication exchange to enable proactive and collaborative patient care.
- It has an adaptive and highly aware infrastructure that can proactively and automatically sense and respond to the changing needs of the patients and the physicians as well.
- The technologies involved in RHTS such as cloud, mobility, AI, sensors, etc. help in accelerating innovation and streamlining workflows.
- RHTS gives healthcare organizations the agility and flexibility to integrate disparate medical services, applications, and networks on to one common platform to give the stakeholders of healthcare, the clinicians and physicians, greater visibility into their operations and resources. These insights facilitate better, more timely decision-making that contributes directly to the elevated quality of care and patient satisfaction levels.
- The optimized environment based on a connected ecosystem leverages data to identify, minimize, and then eliminate waste.
- Data-driven decision-making and the optimized environment helps in containing and lowering costs.
With Real Time Health Systems, the hospital ecosystem can experience a momentous shift. From management becoming more real-time, data-driven, contextual, and service-oriented, to workflows becoming more coordinated and collaborative, event-driven, and optimized, the Smart Hospital is going to be strategically mobile and highly automated. It will leverage an enterprise architecture, leverage hybrid IT service delivery and will enable interoperability. But most importantly, with RHTS, the information will no longer reside in silos, and armed with this information the hospital ecosystem becomes Smart in the broadest and truest sense of the term.
Is your company in need of help? MV3 Marketing Agency has numerous Marketing experts ready to assist you with AI. Contact MV3 Marketing to jump-start your business.« Back to Glossary Index