What is Facebook (FB)?
Facebook- (FB) is a social networking website where users may post comments, share photos and post links to news or other interesting content on the web, chat live, and watch short-form video. You can even order food on Facebook. Shared content can be made publicly accessible, or it can be shared only among a limited group of friends or family, or with a single person.
IT began in February of 2004 as a school-based social network at Harvard University. It was created by Mark Zuckerberg along with Edward Saverin, both students at the college. In 2006 they opened to anyone 13 years or older and took off, rapidly overtaking MySpace as the most popular social network.
Facebook’s success can be attributed to its ability to appeal to both people and businesses and its ability to interact with sites around the web by providing a single login that works across many sites.
Facebook is user-friendly and open to everyone. Everyone can sign up and begin posting on it. Although it started out to keep in touch or reconnect with long-lost friends, it rapidly became the darling of businesses that we’re able to closely target an audience and deliver ads directly to the people most likely to want their products or services.
They make it simple to share photos, text messages, videos, status posts and feelings on Facebook. The site is entertaining and a regular daily stop for many users.
Unlike some social network sites, they do not allow adult content. When users transgress and are reported, they are banned from the site.
FB provides a customizable set of privacy controls, so users can protect their information from getting to third-party individuals.
Here are a few features that make them so popular:
- They allow you to maintain a friends list and choose privacy settings to tailor who can see content on your profile.
- FB allows you to upload photos and maintain photo albums that can be shared with your friends.
- Also supports interactive online chat and the ability to comment on your friend’s profile pages to keep in touch, share information or to say “hi.”
- They support group pages, fan pages, and business pages that let businesses use Facebook as a vehicle for social media marketing.
- Facebook’s developer network delivers advanced functionality and monetization options.
- You can stream video live using Facebook Live.
- Chat with FB friends and family members, or auto-display Facebook pictures with the Facebook Portal device.
- FB advertising is a great way to promote and sell your products.