Social Media Marketing Facts, Tips & Secrets
- 71% of consumers who have had a good social media service experience with a brand are likely to recommend it to others. (Source: Ambassador)Use social media as an effective customer service tool to increase brand engagement and win new customers.
- 63% of customers expect companies to offer customer service via their social media channels, and 90% of social media users have already used social media to communicate with a brand or business. (Source: Smart Insights).Don’t neglect social media as a crucial customer care channel.
- 80% of companies online are under the impression that they deliver exceptional social media customer service, while only 8% of their customers say that they agree. (Source: Smart Insights)Strive to be one of the companies that do social media customer care right.
- The active number of global mobile social media users is 3.3 billion global equaling 42% penetration (Source: Statista). Nearly 1 million people used mobile social media for the first time each day in 2018 (Source: We Are Social). Make sure to optimize your mobile social media campaigns and since mobile ads are relatively cheap and easy to produce, test multiple versions to see what works the best. Users spend on average 69% of their media time on smartphones (Source: ComScore).
- 96% of the people that discuss brands online do not follow those brands’ owned profiles. (Source: Brandwatch)Companies need to go beyond their own channels and monitor those unbranded conversations to gain valuable insights and manage brand health. Radium One estimates that 84% of sharing of content is happening outside of social networks, on channels like email, instant messenger and SMS.
- Visual content is more than 40 times more likely to get shared on social media than other types of content. (Source: HubSpot)
Social Media Marketing Facebook statistics
- In 2015 Facebook influenced 62 percent of consumers’ online and offline purchases, up from 36 percent in 2014.
- There are now more than 50 million small businesses using Facebook Pages to connect with their customers (Source: Facebook). 4 million of those businesses pay for social media advertising on Facebook.(Source: Forbes)Social media advertising statistics show that small-sized companies should consider paying for Facebook ads in order to gain visibility and surpass competitors relatively easily.
- There were over 4.4 million videos uploaded directly to Facebook in February 2016, generating over 199 billion views. Video marketing is a powerful tool that personalizes your brand and increases conversions. 68% of marketers have published video content on Facebook, and 70% of marketers plan to use Facebook Video this year (wyzowl.com). 34% of marketers have used Facebook Live and 37% plan to use Facebook Live.
- Only 20% of Facebook posts generate an emotional response while no ads did. (Source: AdEspresso)Instead of using Facebook as an emotional medium, delivering dynamic and tailored messaging to people in specific stages of at key times can yield much better results.
- The best time to post on Facebook is 3:00 p.m. on Wednesday. Other optimal times include 12:00–1:00 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays and 1:00–4:00 p.m. on Thursdays and Fridays. (Source: HubSpot) Try using tools like Buffer or Timely to auto-schedule your posts.
Social Media Marketing Twitter Statistics
- Link clicks account for 92% of all user interaction with tweets. (Source: HubSpot)Link clicks are your easiest and strongest chance of gaining views and shares for your content.
- 78% of people who complain to a brand via Twitter expect a response within an hour.(Source: Lithium)Customers are turning to social media outlets to unleash their frustration or questions. Make sure you are actively engaged in your social networks.
- There is a total of 1.3 billion accounts, but 336 million are active. (Source: Business Insider)According to the Content Marketing Institute, as Twitter’s sign-up growth has slowed down, it will boost its stock price by making ads more prominent, so be ready to start paying for visibility.
Twitter has a serious competitor now. Reddit is fighting to become the same number 3 social networking sites in the Top 10 Social Networking Sites by Market Share of Visits. But for now, Twitter has found new growth and reached all-time highs. The growth also shows on Twitter’s stock price that’s moving steadily up during the last year or so.
- The latest study by Locowise found that adding hashtags had no effect on engagement rates. In fact, tweets without hashtags outperformed tweets with hashtags. (Source: Adweek)Therefore, it is better to focus on the quality of your original content instead of overly relying on hashtags for increasing engagement.
Social Media Marketing Instagram Statistics
- Top brands on Instagram are seeing a per-follower engagement rate of 4.21% which is 58 times higher than on Facebook and 120 times higher than on Twitter (Source: Hootsuite) Instagram has become a powerful platform for marketers and its potential cannot be overlooked any longer.
- Media brands are the most active whereas business services, financial services, and fast-moving consumer goods have the lowest percentage of brands represented on Instagram. (Source: Simply Measured)Also, the increase in business activity on Instagram the brand posting frequency is becoming more normalized and standardized to highlight the increase in a more measurable approach. 41% of marketers have used Instagram video and 44% plan to use Instagram video (wyzowl.com).
- 90% of Instagram users are younger than 35 (Source: ScienceDaily)Instagram has become the social media network for targeting millennials. 32% of teenagers consider Instagram to be the most important social network. Female internet users are more likely to use Instagram than men, at 38% vs. 26%.
- Products were the top content types for the top 200 global brands in terms of engagement, at 60% in 2015 beating lifestyle category by over 20%. (Source: Hootsuite)This is great news for marketers since people who follow brands on Instagram are aware and accept the fact that they’re going to see offers of products, services, and general marketing messages.
- Posts tagged with another user (56%) or location (79%) have significantly higher engagement rates (Source: Simply Measured)So don’t forget to add ‘with whom’ and ‘where’ to your Instagram posts.
YouTube is the main channel for moving pictures. Even YouTube on mobile alone reaches more 18-34 and 18-49 year-olds than any cable network in the U.S.
- There are 2 billion logged-in Youtube monthly active users visiting the website at least once a month. “Logged-in” part is important as there may be a lot of people coming to YouTube who isn’t using Google Accounts to do so. (Source: YouTube)
Read and Learn More Now!