Job Description : Public Relations Specialist
We are looking for a competent Public Relations (PR) Specialist to shape and protect our corporate image in ways that promote our business, values and mission. You’ll be responsible for maintaining media relations and collaborating with marketing teams in promotional activities.
We expect to see candidates who can impress us with their copy writing and presentation skills. We’ll be on the lookout for experience in corporate communications, project management and social media. Throw a lot of enthusiasm and a pleasant personality into the mix and you’ll be our ideal candidate.
The goal is to maintain positive public awareness of the company and its brand.
- Formulating PR plans and strategies
- Enhancing the company’s voice and presence through online and offline channels
- Managing media relations and requests
- Formulate PR plans and strategies
- Enhance the company’s voice and presence through online and offline channels
- Manage media relations and requests
- Write press releases, speeches and other PR copy
- Plan and supervise events, fairs, conferences etc.
- Support the implementation of promotional plans
- Present solutions in times of PR crisis
- Facilitate the resolution of disputes with the public or external vendors
- Lead survey initiatives and analyze public opinion
- Proven experience as public relations specialist or similar position Building and maintaining the Annual Media Plan and Media lists
- Building relationships with journalists, bloggers and social media influencers that can help share the Premium message
- Preparing and maintaining advertising schedule, working with the creative department to create the advertisements and submitting all advertisements to publishers
- Tracking and maintaining all advertising clips
- Preparing quarterly marketing reports for senior executives
- Generating story ideas for PR campaigns and pitching media accordingly
- Writing and distributing press materials including pitch letters, press releases, and product descriptions
- Preparing and assembling digital press kits for trade-show support
- Writing weekly blog posts
- Assisting with social media efforts including conceptualizing and executing promotional campaigns
- Assisting in the creation of a social media calendar and creating posts
- Compiling analytics of social media visitors and activity
- Participating in frequent brainstorming sessions with members of the marketing and creative departments
- Writing of sales and marketing content such as e-blasts, advertorials and company profiles
- Assisting the VP of Business Development with any administrative duties and day-to-day department operations
- This person must be self-starting, creative, energetic, well-organized, detail-oriented, proactive and enjoy working in a team-based environment. This role is very focused on content development, so strong writing abilities are required. The role also carries a fair amount of administrative duties, so the candidate must be comfortable with data entry, file keeping and analytics.
- This is a B2B position so an understanding of and a passion for B2B marketing is strongly desired.
- Experience in project management and execution of PR campaigns and/or initiatives
- Experience in copy-writing and editing
- Working knowledge of MS Office; photo and video-editing software is an asset
- Familiarity with social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook etc.)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Aptitude in presentation and public speaking
- Proficiency in English
- A creative yet practical mind
- BSc/BA in PR, communications, journalism or relevant field
- Social Media Marketing: 2 years (Required)
- Search Engine Optimization: 1 year (Preferred)
- Public Relations: 1 year (Required)
- Google AdWords: 1 year (Preferred)
- Blogging: 1 year (Required)
- Bilingual is helpful
We are committed to equal employment opportunity.
We respect, value and welcome diversity in our workforce.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters or suppliers that have not signed a formal fee agreement. Therefore, any resume received from an unapproved supplier will be considered unsolicited, and we will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.